Here are some questions we will ask when you contact us for that special tool need. If you prepared the answers to these questions to these questions in advance our response will be much faster…
QUESTIONS FOR ALL TYPES OF DRILL BITS OR HOLE CUTTERS:
- What material is being drilled?
- If wood, what type and is it wet, dry, or treated?
- If drilling in concrete, is there wire mesh, rebar, or any metal present?
- What is the material thickness?
- How deep do you want the hole?
- How many holes need to be made?
- What is the make and model of the power tool being used?
- Is the power tool electric, hydraulic, gasoline, or hydraulic powered?
- What is the rated RPM of the power tool being used?
- What is the EXACT hole size that is needed?
ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS FOR MASONRY OR ROTARY HAMMER DRILL BITS:
- What type of shank is needed? (Round, SDS-Plus, SDS-Max, Spline-Drive, Hex, Etc.)
- What is the overall length need?
- What is the drilling depth?
ADDITION QUESTIONS FOR WOOD BORING BITS:
- What type of shank is needed? (Round, 7/16″ Hex, 5/8″ Hex, Morse Taper, ETC.)
- What is the overall length needed?
- What is the drilling depth needed?
- Is a counter bore needed, if so, what size and depth?
ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS FOR CARBIDE TIPPED HOLE CUTTERS:
What material are you cutting? On big projects, what additional material(s) might you run into? (Different materials require different tooth styles, configurations, and grind angles. / Improper tool and cutting material match can cause damage to the hole saw.
What size mandrel? i.e 1/2″ Round or 3/4″ Round. (The shank portion of a Hole Saw is referred to as the mandrel, and most of hand-held drill motors.)
What is the hub thread? i.e. 3/4″-10 (The hub is the point where the material or the spindle of a power tool attaches to the hole saw)
Please provide as much information as possible as possible. Information based on the above questions will help us to expedite your special or custom tool quotation. Call 407-478-2487 or send your drawing or sketch via fax 407-678-7414 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org